Staff Directory |
I am looking forward to my second year as Principal of ÉIMS - it is going to be a great year!
I am a proud member of the house of Sagesse where wisdom, strength, energy, and courage prevail! As Sagesse members we encourage ourselves and others to "Grow Wiser Every Day"!
I have almost 20 years of experience in the field of Education including teaching and adminstrative roles in Calgary, French Immersion classroom teaching, Vice-Principal at Spruce View, Principal at Horizon School in Olds, and Principal of Spruce View School. I also spent a year working on the Early Child Development Mapping Project wtih Alberta Education. I hold a Bachelor of Education in Elementary French Immersion Education as well as a Masters of Education in Educational Leadership, both from the University of Calgary. I have taught at many different levels from Kindergarten to English 30, in French and English, and in a variety of communities. The common thread in my career has been my passion for teaching and learning and my desire to make a positive difference in the lives of students.
I live on an acreage west of Bowden with my husband and two children - Claire, in Grade 11, and Cameron in Grade 9.
My philosophy of teaching, learning and leadership is included below. Please feel free to stop by for coffee and a conversation anytime!
- My dream for schools and the future of education is to build a culture of exemplary teaching and excellence in learning.
- I have a dream that all children will have the best possible experience at school, and that they will love coming to school each and every day.
- I believe in the power of the positive – positive relationships, positive reinforcement, positive school culture.
- I believe in the profession of education – we are privileged to be able to influence the future.
- I believe in the importance of the early learning years – they are crucial to a child’s development and future success.
- I strive to inspire excellence in others by raising the bar and maintaining high expectations.
- I inspire others to share their talents and skills and empower those around me.